An Epsom salt bath is a great way to help our body’s natural detoxification process.
Today’s world exposes us to more toxins than ever through the food we eat, the air we breathe, and even the medications we take. These toxins are irritating, harming, and possibly even hurting our bodies. Detoxification is your body’s way of metabolizing or removing these harmful compounds. Improving and supporting our body’s ability to detoxify and dispose of waste is essential, as is limiting its exposure to toxins. A detox Epsom salt bath is one way you can help your body flush those toxins out even more efficiently.
Epsom salt baths may help to draw out toxins and can provide a wealth of benefits, which include the following:
Eases stress Stress has a very negative impact on the health of your mind, body, and soul. A detox bath with Epsom salt is a great way to just relax and may reduce some of that stress.
Improved sleep and concentration Because it relaxes and may help ease the nerves, Epsom salt can promote better sleep and concentration.
Improved nervous system function The nervous system commands all of your organs and bodily processes. When it is relaxed, as it is after an Epsom salt detox bath, it may help it function more efficiently.
Regulates enzyme activity A detox Epsom salt bath may help regulate your body’s detoxification system and enzyme activity, which includes functions like digestion.
Promotes insulin production By promoting insulin production, Epsom salt may help your body regulate its insulin levels and improve the function of all organs and processes.
Flushes toxins A detox bath with Epsom salt may help your body flush out toxins more quickly and efficiently, supporting better overall organ function.
Pain relief for headaches, cramps, and spasms Epsom salt may relieve the pain from headaches, cramps, and spasms by relaxing your body and your nerves.
How to Draw an Epsom Salt Detox Bath
- Add 2 cups of Epsom salt and 5 drops of lavender essential oil to a full bathtub of hot water. The water should be hot enough to stimulate your sweat glands in much the same way as a sauna.
- Add 1 cup of baking soda to neutralize any chemicals and enhance mineral absorption.
- Immerse your body all the way up to your neck and soak for at least 20 minutes. Close your eyes and practice some deep breathing.
- After soaking, move immediately from the tub to a cool shower. In order to allow the nutrients to absorb into your body, do not use any harsh soaps and shampoos.
- Apply a natural moisturizer, like shea butter, and avoid eating immediately.
- Drink filtered water and rest to rejuvenate.
Try to incorporate Epsom salt baths into your weekly routine. Not only may they help remove the toxins from your body but they also may help you to feel relaxed and rejuvenated. They are good for your body and soul!
If you like this blog post you can join our group for healthy eating and lifestyle tips.
Join Our Group Today!